Fraight is an early stage, ambitious logistics technology company. We write software that coordinates truck shipments. We are working on challenging, real world problems that require unconventional interdisciplinary thinking. Our goal is to revolutionize the logistics industry through automation and AI to reduce the cost of transporting freight and to eliminate waste.
Our Tech Stack
- Heroku, Google Cloud
- Redis, Postgres
- Node.js, Express.js
- React, Redux
- Mocha, enzyme, karma
- Amazing office space, free snacks, meditation room!
- Work on open source
- Turn that awesome feature into an awesome conference talk
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- A culture that's obsessed with self improvement and learning. Mentor. Be mentored. Grow!
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Weekly team lunches
- Healthy work/life balance
- (For HR benefits, see below)
Commitment to diversity.
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds.
You’re an intellectually curious, friendly craftsperson! You revel in the details of your work and take pride making beautiful things. Specifically, you build software. You’re a good team member. You’re comfortable with nuance, tradeoffs, and alternative points of view. You bring people up around you. You’re comfortable with a little bit of chaos that comes with an early stage startup.
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience.
- We have nothing against first time engineers--we want to hire lots of them soon--but right now, we’re looking for someone with some experience.
- Once you’re onboarded, you’re able to work fairly independently. We don’t have a PM yet, or formal product specs. We need to be able to give you a problem and get a solution--without a ton of back and forth. It’s not because we don’t value that style of work, it’s just not well suited to where we are as a company, right now. This is not to say we don’t value collaboration, but in a pinch, you should be able to take a feature across the finish line alone.
- You have an eye for the user. This doesn’t mean you’re a graphic designer, or a PM. But, you are able to make a useable interface and understand how an engineer’s choices can affect the user.
- You know JS isn’t the last language you will code in.
Would be great
- Have worked with and written performant queries for databases with 100 million rows or more.
- Have experience architecting front-end react apps.
- Have experience working at seed or series A startups.
- Comfortable in all aspects of the software delivery pipeline: planning, designing, implementing, testing, deploying.
- You have a positive relationship with testing.
- Have worked on a production node app or react app.
- You’re comfortable getting up in front of people and leading a talk on a new technology.
- Quantitative background.
How We Support You
- Competitive salary
- Parental Leave
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision
- Standing Desk
- Snacks every day at 2
- CTA Subsidy
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!