Strategic Account Sales
Fraight is an early stage, ambitious logistics technology company. We’re changing the game by coordinating shipments, but also by building software to reshape the industry. We are working on challenging, real world problems that require unconventional interdisciplinary thinking. Our goal is to revolutionize the logistics industry through automation and AI to create a more positive experience for us, our customers, and the carriers with whom we work, to reduce the cost of transporting freight while providing top tier service every moment of every day, and to eliminate waste.
- You are not just looking for an opportunity, but you’re looking for an adventure. This is an opportunity to tangibly shape the future of a company, and of an industry. Like any adventure it takes a comfort with getting uncomfortable, ambition, an incredible amount of hard work, and willingness to cut your own path through the jungle. Sometimes it may be scary, often it will be frustrating, but you get to do it with a team of people working in the same direction.
- Strong sense of ethics—you’ll always do right by your coworkers, customers, carriers
- Excellent computer skills (Gmail filters, keyboard shortcuts, etc)
- Scrappy - you’re a do-er, and a manager. You ready, able, and willing to dig in and get the job done. You hustle harder, and find a way to get it done.
- Resourceful - not afraid to be wrong, and not afraid to ask for help. - you know you’re a smart person, so you’re going to give it your all to figure it out; but, you won’t let your pride get in the way. You’ll own when you’re wrong and ask for help when you need it.
- "I know that I am a smart person and am going to be able to figure it out"
- Growth mindset -- Just because a process exists, doesn't mean it should. You always consider an alternative explanation may exist…... including and especially the ones you’re proposing.
- Insightful about your process and creative - . You spend a lot of time thinking about how you work, how you can work better, and how your work fits into the bigger picture. You think a lot about how the tools you have help you, and how you have to workaround the edges.
- Data driven -- You use quantitative tools to solve problems. When you're trying to figure out if you're on the right track, you look to data. Maybe you took a couple of stats classes in college. If not, that sounds awesome to you
By getting in at the ground level, you will be key to building the team, growing sales, and scaling the operations.
Immediately, your job will be to:
- Own customer/carrier relationships - Your primary responsibility in this adventure requires you roll up your sleeves while we embark on our journey. You’re going to be responsible for being both managing customers, and finding capacity. You’re comfortable and confident in doing both. You’ll own that as we build the product and the team around you. This includes things like communicating with customers and carriers on load requirements, appointment scheduling, providing customers with status updates, and just generally hammering the phones to get things done.
- Work closely with the VP of Operations and other senior leadership to
- Help shape our software product through your experience using it, knowing what is working and not working for the process and where the pain points are.
- Learn more deeply about the customers and carriers with whom we’re working and strategic initiatives which may be impactful to them.
- Pursue your own passion projects .
That being said, in a startup we all do the dishes sometimes. No task is beneath any of us.
- You have 1+ years in a sales environment, preferably in a brokerage environment, with an emphasis on OTR truckload.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain or transportation. If you were lucky enough to study something like “computer science” and then end up brokering freight, that would work, too.
- Your goal is not just to be in the top 1% of service providers, but to be The 1. Your customers call you because you shoot them straight, and you get done what you say you’re going to. The carriers with whom you work sing your praises.
- We prefer you have some experience with software, but its not required.
- You MUST have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have the ability to work flexible schedules, and perhaps travel from time to time (0-20% of the time).
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- A culture that's obsessed with self improvement and learning. Mentor. Be mentored. Grow!
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Weekly team lunches with all hands meetings
- Healthy work/life balance
- Comprehensive Benefits Coverage (we cover 75% of the cost for your medical, dental and vision insurance)
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k)...coming soon!
Commitment to diversity.
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds.